Friday, December 3, 2010

I rarely get excited about new record releases, but since this one comes off the heels of a great live show I saw a couple of months ago, I'm looking forward to it somewhat obsessively. I've written about Frank Turner before (and how he's somewhat of a musical revolutionary). He simplifies his songs and shells them out in an intelligent, yet accessible way. The tunes are basically folk rock with a punk mentality, although they're anything but basic. The new release I'm talking about is not a full length, but a five song EP. He's titled it Rock and Roll - in reference to how music has given him a life and something to believe in. He mentions belief in musical greats (such as Elvis) above all else. Although written and directed as a professional video, the clip below really captures the spirit of his music as well as how it feels to be at one of his live shows. As with all of his songs, it's got a great tune, which I'm sure can be said for the rest of the songs on the new EP. You can purchase the album on December 7th through iTunes. Until then, here's the video for the title track "Rock and Roll. Enjoy.


No comments: